Tuesday, February 19, 2013

*Exclusive Interview* RHONJ Makeup Artist: Priscilla DiStasio

I recently had the opportunity to interview celebrity makeup artist, Priscilla DiStasio. Priscilla started out as a young model and then successfully transitioned into a makeup artist where she has big-name clients such as Real Housewife of New Jersey, Teresa Giudice, and former RHONJ, Dina Manzo. She also does make up for photo shoots as well as special events. Priscilla gave us some insight into her personal world of beauty, fashion, fitness, and relationships.

What does your workout routine consist of?
I am very active. I'm either dancing, working out at the gym, or doing Bikram yoga, which is very intense but great for the mind and body. It's very peaceful.

How do you manage it all—gf/wife, mother, personal time?
Ha! I'm still trying to figure that one out! There just always seems to never be enough time in the day, to be honest, which means I sometimes lose a lot of sleep.

What healthy diet do you follow?
I've learned to use portion control and lately it's been a lot of grilled chicken and Tuna. I try to stay away from the carbs and all of the good stuff.

Do you have any guilty food pleasures?
Red velvet cupcakes and chocolate peanut butter ice cream.

What are your favorite pastimes?
My favorite pastime is spending time with my loved ones. Life is too short and you have to cherish every moment.

What can we find in your makeup bag?
Everything! My for sure "must haves" are my Chanel hydromaxx moisturizer, Clinique’s high lengths mascara, Terracotta's elumineur blush in sunny pink & spicy coral, BH cosmetics Tahitian tan bronzer, Nars taj mahal blush, Lip Fusion Infatuation lip gloss in angelic, & MAC's strip down lip liner and last select moisture cover concealer by MAC for that quick under eye natural coverage!

What skin and hair products do you swear by?
I will  have to keep this one simple because I have so many good ones but definitely hairspray by "Chi" and to be honest, Teresa's new hair care "Milania" is definitely something worth getting your hands on, just saying.

What are your go-to outfits?
My "go to outfits" on a regular day would probably be my leggings and a really comfortable oversized top. When I go out it’s a whole other story!

How do you keep your relationship/marriage happy and fresh?
Ha! Communication, feed each other well, and lots of loving! Try never to get too comfortable. It's not healthy for you or your relationship. You've got to stay on your game and keep your swag ladies!

Any mommy tips?
Since I became a mother back in "07" I've learned that kids are unpredictable. They have their good and bad days just like the rest of us! So on that note, I take it day by day, enjoy the good times and take deep breaths on the "not so good” days.

In your opinion, how can an “everyday woman” or “everyday mom” feel more glamorous and put together?
It's all about taking a few minutes a day to think about YOU!  Even though we are "moms" and "wives" and have all of these responsibilities and obligations, don't feel guilty about being just a little bit selfish. Whether you go for a walk or run to keep yourself fit, or go get a mani & pedi or your hair done, it's ok!! Everyone needs to find themselves. Having a family and a career and all of these other things in life that as a woman you are almost forced to put yourself last, it’s very easy to lose yourself. It's hard to find the time but it's there so you just have to make it happen.

Favorite quote?
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about dancing in the rain."

What do you want us to know about you? (Career/website)
Well, I am a makeup artist and I'm very passionate about what I do. I enjoy making people feel good and I find what I do very rewarding when I get to share special moments in some people’s lives. To keep up with me you can follow me on my website www.mspriscilla.net or mspriscillanyc on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! All the best to everyone in "2013!”

No comments:

Post a Comment