Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Italian Women Don't Get Fat...either

We've all heard of, and probably read, the book, French Women Don't Get Fat, but Italian women don't get fat either. Here are some more points from one of my Italian icons, Giada De Laurentiis, on how this is so.

Giada thinks we should all get back in the kitchen and start cooking the correct portions of real food.

"[In the] Italian culture, just like the French culture, we eat everything. The French eat a ton of cheese. Do they get fat? Italians eat pasta. Do they get fat? No. It's about portion control. Moderation."

"The number one question [I get asked] when I go on tour, 'How do you stay so thin?' I love to eat. What you see me tasting is pretty much all I've eaten. At that point, I might have two more bites after the camera goes off. I am not eating a ton of it. I savor every bite."

"This is the lifestyle I lead. The only thing I have to be careful about is sugar. I adore desserts. I watch that. If I overeat it one day, I'll under-eat it the next. That is how it works. It's not revolutionary."


No comments:

Post a Comment